Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Farewell to "Lakewood"


For all you that may not know "Lakewood" (aka John Fegy), he is the guy who really helped me out in my planning of my Appalachian Trail Hike. He actually thru-hiked it in 2007 and put up some very informative videos of his hike. By the grace of God, he decided to return my email asking for any advice that would help in my pursuit to hike the AT in 2008. His advice and encouragement throughout my AT hike really helped me get to Harper's Ferry. Even though we still haven't met in person, I consider him a real good friend. Lord willing, someday we will get to hangout and trade somemore stories of the AT, and maybe even do some hiking on the AT! Who knows...

You maybe wondering why I am spot-lighting him, but he is actually heading off to Antartica to do some geology research and is leaving on Thanksgiving (of all days!). Have a great time "Lakewood" and don't forget to blog about it! Will be praying for you!

Finally, John is also a very talented musician, and I wanted to put up a couple of videos that actually turned me on to a couple artists (Derrick Webb & Damien Rice) that I had never heard before. You can find his "bathroom series" on You Tube. I hope you enjoy!

Cannonball by Damien Rice performed by John Fegy


Table for Two by Derick Webb performed by John Fegy

0 comments: