Monday, February 11, 2008

Twitter & Flickr!

While hiking these 2175 miles, a lot of things can happen to a thru-hiker. But thankfully to today's technology, I can keep my family and friends aware of my health and safety as I transverse the wilderness of the Appalachian mountains! Granted it is dependent on a lot of factors such as:

battery life of my cell, reception coverage, ability to use my hands, weather, ect..

So as I hike the trail, I will be texting messages throught the day using Twitter! It is on the right hand side of the page, and will updated each time I send something. The update will be 140 characters or less. I have some practice messages up currently. If it is too hard to read let me know and I can attempt to change my background to help ease the eyes a bit. Hey, I care about the health of my readers!

So, even if I cant get to a computer to post a "real" blog...you can still see what is going on to me on the trail! How cool! So once I leave...keep checking even if I dont post a new blog entry...cause I just dont know how often I will get to a computer! I am suppose to be ROUGHING it!

Also, I am trying to figure out how to send pictures from my cell phone right to my blog. So stay tuned. I believe it is possible, just need to figure it out! Any tips will be greatly appreciated! I have set up a Flickr account, and have linked it to my blog. So I have managed to get this far! Less than 23 more days! YIKES!

1 comments:

MadMup said...

When I was originally trying to get my phone to send pictures from my phone, I had to call Cingular and they had to change a setting. There's a little bit of fiddling that goes into it.

Don't be scared of calling your provider, is all I'm saying :)

Also, I think this is a great idea. Not only will Twittering help us to know you haven't been eaten by a bear, it'll be a good way for us to hike along with you. Any pictures you're able to send will only enhance our experience!