Friday, November 21, 2008

Christ isn't ashamed to call us brothers!

I have been going through a study in Hebrews, and am starting the application part of Chapter 13, which the first verse talks about that we should continue to love the brethern (fellow believers in Christ)!

The pastor directed us back to Hebrews chpt 2 and talked about verses 9-13, in which it talks about.... that Christ isn't ashamed to call us brothers.

Have you ever had a family member, or had one of your kids do something embarrasing in a public place to cause you to be ashamed to be associated with them? I know I have, but just think of all the times you have messed up and Christ is still wanting to call us brothers! What an amazing love to be modeled, eh!

It is interesting also that before the cross of Christ, that Christ called His followers His disciples, sheep or friends...but never His brethern. It wasn't till after the sin payment was paid for, and we were sanctified by the shed blood of Christ that He was able to call us His brother!

Note John 20:17, Jesus when He returned from the grave and made Himself known to Mary, He told her to go to My brethern and say to them, "I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God."

I never noticed that before and thought I would share it with you all! What an awesome God we serve!

0 comments: