Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Blue Ridge Parkway.jpg


Blue Ridge Parkway.jpg, originally uploaded by Hikingfool.

Day 49: 4/22. Today had some milestones that I would care to share with ya all.

First of all, I hiked my biggest mileage of the trip & did my first 30 plus miler!. Officially I hiked 31.8 miles, which puts me at 748.5 miles from Springer & 1427.7 miles from Katahdin. I dont plan to do alot of 30 milers, but I had to get one in in Virginia. God was very gracious & the trail very nice today.

Also at Curry Creek, I officially hiked one third of the trail. Only 2/3rd more to go! Yeah.

Also today, I crossed the Blue Ridge Parkway (BRP) for my first time. The trail goes along the BRP for about 200 more miles. It is kindo of nice the see the occasional car every once in a while.

Also today, I saw 7 more deer. All does. That brings my animal sightings to:
Deer- 10
Turkeys-3
Bears - 0
Moose - 0
Birds & squirrels - tons.

I am at Bryant Ridge shelter, one of the AT's largest with 4 ladies headed south. All of them are believers! CJ didnt want to do the 30 miler today.

Shepherd

7 comments:

just john said...

Sheppard, I have been following your progress the past couple of weeks and thought I would let you know how much I am vicariously enjoying your hike. I am a high school principal in Maryland that has section hiked a little over 500 miles of the AT. The section you have just entered north through most of PA. I will look closely as you approach Harper Ferry and try to provide a little trail magic while you cross our short state.

Just John

Daizie Girl said...

Awesome!!! Keep on trekkin!!!

Diana said...

I enjoy reading your blog about your experiences. I am glad that you have got to experience this hike...keep on.

I'm keeping you and Amee in my prayers.

Mac said...

wow, 30 + miles

rock on brother

Anonymous said...

Hi from mom,
Just going to bed and looked up your blog. Pretty impressive hike today hope your feet are okay. Keep taking lots pictures. Prayers are with you, Love you, Mom

Kristi said...

Congratulations on your progress, Jeremiah!

Anonymous said...

30 miles - man - hope you had lots of poptarts to eat to keep you fueled. Oh, and, you forgot to add mice/rats to your animal count.

~Alyssa