Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Jigsaw and Jaybird.jpg


Jigsaw and Jaybird.jpg, originally uploaded by Hikingfool.

Day 56: 4/29. This is Jaybird & Jigsaw, who are section hikers headed for Harper's Ferry. Jigsaw has been at it for 12 years & Jaybird has been out for 8 years. They are a 20 year plan. Dedication! Jigsaw saw 2 black bears today & Jaybird got some pictures. Hopefully we will see some tomorrow.

Today we crossed the 900 mile mark! Unreal. I cant believe I have been hiking for 900 miles. Actually, officially we are at 904.3 miles from Springer & 1271.9 miles from Katahdin. Only 6 more days till I get to see Amee in Harpers Ferry!

Hiked with Bad Hummus, Yeti, Toddy Bear & Stovie today. Cold and windy. Glad I have my winter gear! It is going to get below freezing tonight.

Lakewood: That would be cool to meet somewhere in PA. My number is 765-589-8220. If it works out just text me and let me know what you think. If not, no big deal. I am glad to have your advice & encouragement.

Shepherd.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi from mom,
Well I'm glad you got a signal out today so you could update. Pretty much slept all night and all day have been working a lot extra and got caught up on my sleep. Working tonight and they need help tommorrow but am staying home cause prom is friday and have errands to do. The disney store at the lafayette mall is closing in six weeks just found out last night and I guess I will save money but am bummed. You are getting close to half way yeah!! Can't wait to have you home for matt's graduation. We will sign up for classes at isu on june 11th. He is going to work at the pool and probably w ith the morning kids at the park they have summer activities and I think he will do that also before he goes to the pool. Well hopefully it will warm up and you can stop using winter gear. Love you,
Mom