Friday, April 25, 2008

Guillotine.jpg


Guillotine.jpg, originally uploaded by Hikingfool.

Day 50: 4/23. Officially hiked 26.6 miles today to John Hollows Shelter. I am 775.1 miles from Springer & 1401.1 miles from Katahdin.

I went up and over Apple Orchard mnt. today, which is the highest point since Chestnut Knob. Also went under the guillotine with my head still attached. It was pretty cool. Saw 2 more deer today.

Also went over the James River foot bridge, which is the longest foot bridge on the AT.

Amanda & Little Debbie are here.

Lakewood: Thanks for the encouragement. It really helps, because I know you have been through it already and survived. Virginia is such a long state mentally. Also is it true there are many places to buy sandwhiches in the Shenandoah NP? Just wondering how much food to carry through. Thanks.

Also thanks to everyone else who has left me encouraging messages & have been praying for me. I really appreciate it, and it really helps.

Note: There are 2 deer 30 ft away from me at the shelter, so deer total up to 4 today.

Shepherd

0 comments: