Friday, April 18, 2008

Pine Swamp Branch Shelter.jpg


Pine Swamp Branch Shelter.jpg, originally uploaded by Hikingfool.

Day 44: April 17th. CJ & I are at The shelter where a tree fell on the roof in 2007. I dont believe anyone was hurt, but as you can see the roof is now missing. It was suppose to be fixed by 2008. Though there is no threat of rain tonight, so we are sleeping here for tonight.

We are officially 643.3 miles from Springer & 1532.9 miles from Katahdin. We did 19.3 miles today in the sun! Beautiful hiking weather.

Yesterday Amee & I went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner & then found a cold stone cremery, which has the best ice cream we know of! I had my usual mint mint chocolate chip...yummy.

It was harder for me leaving Amee this time than it was is Hot Springs, and just the opposite for her. Virginia is definetly long and monotonous, but Lord willing I only have 19 more days in this state! I am looking forward to Shenadoah national forest though.

Shepherd.

0 comments: