Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Clifbars.jpg


Clifbars.jpg, originally uploaded by Hikingfool.

Day 40: Well we officially hiked 23.8 miles to Jenny Knob shelter. We are 593.2 miles from Springer & 1583.0 miles from Katahdin.

Nothing much happened today except a lot of ridge hiking. It did snow on us this morning, which is a lot better than rain! So we had some wicked weather here lately. Two days ago it was in the 80's and today snow! Tomorrow is calling for more snow. Yeah.

Here at the shelter is 5 bags, Matthew, CJ, Flying House of Steve and his 10 year old daughter, Necter. They are thruhiking as well.

Also about the pic. I tried my first Clifbar yesterday, and it was the best energy bar I have tasted. 4 stars here!

About yesterdays post, I started the fire to dry out my clothes, which I washed due to all the salt! I am not sure if I mentioned it or not.

Also sorry about the Verizon ads at the end of my posts. I am not sure why they are there & Amee just informed me of them today. Will try to correct the problem in Pearisburg. I hope they are not to distracting.

Shep.

0 comments: